The IMI Blog
72% of marketers in the EMEA region prioritize inbound as their primary approach to marketing. And interestingly, 71%* of businesses in the region state that growing traffic to their websites and converting leads to customers are their top marketing priorities for the next twelve months. Which means, if you aren't currently employing inbound for your business, three of your competitors more likely are.
Do we have your attention? Inbound marketing campaigns achieve higher ROI than outbound techniques regardless of your company size, geography or budget. Inbound marketing is focused on attracting customers through relevant content and adding value at every stage of your buyer's journey. As opposed to outbound marketing, inbound marketing does not fight for your potential customers' attention. With inbound marketing, potential customers find you through channels like search engines, blogs, and social media. By creating content designed to address the problems and needs of your ideal customers, you attract qualified prospects and build trust and credibility for your business.
Below are some key stats that support the premise of implementing an inbound marketing strategy for your business. Leverage them to get your CEO’s attention!
Impact of changing buyer behaviour:
1. 80% of business decision makers prefer getting brand information through an article series versus advertising
2. 77% of the B2B purchasers prefer to do their own research online before even speaking to a salesperson
3. Videos will account for 80% of all internet traffic by 2019
Lead generation impact:
4. Inbound Marketing yields 3 times more leads per dollar than traditional methods
5. Blogging at least 1 to 2 times per month generates 70% more leads for B2B companies and 88% more leads for B2C companies than the companies who don’t blog; and 434% more indexed pages
6. Companies that utilize inbound content platforms and offer buyer persona driven content see a 45% increase in the volume of Sales Accepted Leads
7. Companies who have prioritized business blogging are 13 times more likely to enjoy positive Inbound Marketing ROI.
8. Businesses who focus primarily on inbound marketing save more than $14 per each new customer
9. The cost of 3 out of 4 inbound marketing channels is less than the cost of any outbound marketing channel
*Statistics source: Hubspot State of Inbound 2017, Content Marketing Institute Study, Hubspot social selling stats, Content Marketing Association